1. All people that still visit FMB simply post a little bit more. If you’re online for 5 minutes, reply to a topic, if only saying “Yep! I agree.” Or “No, you’re a moron.” Guess The Pole had 31 entries in three and a half days between Spain and Monaco. All those people visit, but right now there are only about a dozen people who consistently post.
2. GridBids. 226 people made picks for Monaco. Grid Bids can be used as a free advertising area and put a banner on the main Grid Bids page. Nothing huge. Just “Grid Bids is sponsored by FMB – please drop by” at the top or something like that. At the very least they might post in the Grid Bids forum. I’d do it, but I have non-existent graphics skills.
3. A banner. A pretty banner used at the top of the forum saying “FMB” or “Farzad’s F1 Gallery”. There used to be one (actually, a couple have existed), but it disappeared between forum version changes. A lack of banner makes the forum look sterile, and simply default. The banner could also be made clickable and used as the advert in point 2 for Grid Bids.
4. Any of you on MSN, or Facebook, or whatever, with old FMB guys: if you see them online, ask them to stop back by.
5. Getting friends involved. If you’ve got real-life friends that are interested in racing, ask them to sign up. If no one you know is interested, if you’re involved in other forums and have friends there, ask if they would like to be involved. If you’re on some non-racing forum, make a topic asking “Any racing fans?” If someone replies, PM them with a link to FMB.
6. Updating old threads. There’s a few threads that have been going for ages (Eg: the football thread and cricket thread) that say stuff like “Season 2007”. Remove the dates from the title. Also update forum descriptions (eg: mentioning CCWS). It ages the forum.
7. Main site update. At least an update to the main page. Currently it says “(Dec. 2nd, 2008) The forum is currently down.” Why would any people check the forum if the main site says it is down?
8. Extra main site content. Need ideas for some simple new content (bring back the quizzes?). Direction to the guessing games within?
9. FMB Legends return? Some of us could race, and then we advertise to get some more people in (on the basis of them racing if they're FMB members).
10. People uploading various racing photos to the main site (dependent on bandwidth and size restrictions) - runs from point 8.
11. Allowing more forum options? Eg: being able to directly upload your own avatars again. Low priority - need to get new people first. This would be more something to then keep them. More ideas?